14 things learnt over the past 2 years!
In today’s post, I want to put together some of the most amazing, worthwhile and simple statements that have turned my life positively upside down. I feel happier, more grateful and satisfied 🙂 Of course, these ”achievements” did not happen from one day to the other; rather, it took time, understanding and practice.
”Life is only as good as your mindset”
Mindset: thousands (if not millions!) of books have been written about it. I am convinced that the power of one’s mindset is incredibly strong. You can achieve anything, as long as you believe in it 🙂
1. A positive mindset is everything. If you want (positive) change in your life, it all starts with a (positive) mindset. Change the way you think and you will start seeing changes.
2. Time is precious. Not just your own but of those around you, too.
3. Early nights and early rises boost productivity levels.
4. Good skincare is not a luxury, it’s a necessity.
5. People will try and stop you. Be strong enough to decide what’s best for you – you don’t need someone else’s opinion. Only you know what’s best for you, only you know what you really want and only you know it’s worthwhile. If you are convinced that you have to do something, do it! There might be people who are giving opinions without having the knowledge, or telling you things out of jealousy or even fear. Don’t let anything or anyone stop you!
6. Celebrate success. I find it important to celebrate the little successes in life. It gives you a moment to stand still and appreciate, which leads to joy and motivation to do and be better 🙂
7. Happy for others = Happiness. If you can be genuinely happy for anyone at anytime, you really are a well-wisher. You are happy for others and celebrate their happiness as if it is your own. When you are soooo satisfied with your life and yourself, all you can be is happy for others. Being satisfied does not mean you have to have everything for yourself. No! It means that you are grateful for what you have and, even though others are blessed with more, you are still genuinely happy for them. All in all, there is no space for comparison.
8. Live and let live. I have learned not to over-think, to keep things simple and not to be bothered by anyone as long as it has nothing to do with me (or my loved ones).
9. Never regret, but learn. Everything happens for a reason. Accept it, learn from it and move on.
10. At the end, LOVE is all that matters. Can you imagine a life without any person loving you? We want to be loved from the day we are born until the day we die. We want people to love us for who we are, right? You want to come home to someone, or have a person who has a listening ear for you, or maybe a crying shoulder. Love, in any form, is essential in life.
11. Have a goal, and work towards achieving it. This makes you look forward to another beautiful day, so you can make your dreams come true 🙂
12. Do what you love, always.
13. Travel as much as you can. I have been blessed with parents that love to travel, who made me see the world from a young age already. Now, when married, my husband shares the same passion for traveling, and I don’t think there are more beautiful moments than being in various cities, enjoying different cultures and living life to the utmost!
14. You don’t owe an explanation. As long as my loved ones are with me, I say
”Too Glam To Give A Damn” 🙂
What is the most important thing you have learnt in your life?
Please share below in the comment section 🙂
Thanks for reading!
LIKE & SHARE